- Thiess has waived all remaining conditions and the Thiess Offer is now unconditional, providing MACA shareholders with certainty that they will receive the Offer consideration in a timely manner
- Thiess’ offer is $1.075 cash per MACA share, representing a premium of 49.2% to the 1 month VWAP of MACA shares as at 25 July 2022
- MACA Board maintains its recommendation of the Thiess Offer in the absence of a superior proposal and subject to the Independent Expert continuing to conclude the Thiess Offer is fair and reasonable, or not fair but reasonable, to MACA shareholders
- Thiess’ Relevant Interest in MACA was 44.30% as at 26 September 2022 which includes acceptances received from MACA’s founding shareholders and MACA's directors who own or control shares, as well as several major institutional shareholders
- The Offer is scheduled to close at 7:00pm (Sydney time) on 7 October 2022 (unless extended) and MACA shareholders are encouraged to accept the Offer1 prior to the Offer closing
Thiess announces that it has waived all remaining defeating conditions and has declared its Offer unconditional. On Monday, 26 September 2022, Thiess, together with its associates, had a Relevant Interest in 44.30% of MACA’s shares.
Michael Wright, Executive Chair and Chief Executive Officer of Thiess, commented: “With the Offer now unconditional, we encourage MACA shareholders to accept the Offer quickly and without delay to ensure they receive their cash consideration in a timely manner. The Offer represents an attractive premium and provides MACA shareholders the opportunity to receive their consideration in cash in a timely manner. We therefore encourage shareholders to accept before the close of the Offer, which is currently scheduled for 7 October 2022 (unless extended).We are happy to declare the Offer unconditional and welcome MACA into the Thiess Group. We truly look forward to working with the MACA team, clients, communities and stakeholders.”
Geoff Baker, Non-Executive Chairman and co-founder of MACA, provided the following comment: “With the Thiess Offer now unconditional, I encourage other MACA shareholders to accept the Offer to ensure that they can be in paid in cash in a timely manner. Thiess’ Offer is compelling, representing an attractive premium to trading prices prior to the announcement of the Offer. My fellow founding MACA shareholders and my fellow MACA director have since accepted Thiess’ Offer and I encourage all MACA shareholders to do so.”
See full announcement here.
Read Thiess' Sixth Supplementary Bidder's Statement here.
1 In the absence of a superior proposal and subject to the Independent Expert continuing to conclude the Offer is fair and reasonable, or not fair but reasonable, to MACA shareholders.