Thiess’ presence in Indonesia began in the 1970s after we entered the market through several joint ventures. Since 1988 our team has delivered 150 projects, proving our success and ongoing commitment to delivering optimised solutions for our clients in the region.
Despite COVID-19 restrictions, our team still came together virtually, celebrating with quizzes, games and webinars.
Graphic Designer and Chairman of the committee, Meidy Naomi Kesek, was delighted with the team’s involvement.
“Although we were limited on how we could celebrate due to restrictions, I am thrilled that our people across all sites were enthusiastic and got involved in the events,” Meidy said.
“We received more than 1000 entries to our ‘Fun Quiz’ and had over 300 participants join us for each virtual event.”
“A big thank you to all the team members behind the scenes who helped make this celebration a success.”
President Director Indonesia, Jeffrey Kounang, shared his reflections on Thiess’ journey in Indonesia.
“During my time at Thiess, I have worked with many dedicated people who all share a passion for the business.”
“For many people, working at Thiess is not just a source of income, it’s about being a part of a community that’s creating a legacy for generations to come.”
“Let’s continue to cultivate this spirit to keep achieving success in years to come.”
Fast Facts about Thiess in Indonesia
- Our team currently operates from two offices and six project sites on the islands of Kalimantan and Sulawesi
- Our team has facilitated an apprentice program since 1992, which has trained around 1500 students. The program has been acknowledged by the Indonesian Government, receiving an award for the Best Apprenticeship program.
- Our team has pioneered a component rebuild program at Balikpapan which is now the Thiess Component Rebuild Centre
- Thiess currently employs more than 7,300 people
- There are currently 38 existing employees who named their children after Thiess.